Friday 20 September 2013

Cream tea on a bucket list.

Bucket lists are everywhere these days. I have made several over the years and I am a sucker for a book telling what I must see, do or experience before I quit this mortal coil.

Today it was the turn of 'Waitrose Weekend' the free newspaper published each week by Waitrose. Who had a list that was advertised as 'The Foodie Bucket List!'

Well number '15' was their attempt at a cream tea.


All I can say is how disappointing the attempt was. 

'Smother Cornish clotted cream on a fruit scone - there's no finer taste.'

Even as a lover of clotted cream I would be hard pushed to claim that a scone and cream was the pinnacle of fine taste.

Where is the jam!

Please Waitrose you are talking about a CREAM TEA! 

It's scone, cream and JAM!

Oh well back to planning that trip around the world to see that 1001 places I am missing out on.



No comments:

Post a Comment